|Christmas in the Kitchen|
Cathy's Music LLC
that make a
director's job easy!
Click here to read another script excerpt from the play.
It's Christmas in the Kitchen and that means your preschoolers are going to make cookies
the cookies they make will help them tell the Christmas story!
Your preschool Mary and Joseph's foot-shaped cookies will make their feet skip on their long trip to Bethlehem.
Your preschoolers will dress up as animals in the barn and discover that God has given each of them something that they can give away to the newborn Savior to show their love. Along with milk & eggs & wool, the barn animals will deliver heart-shaped cookies to Mary and Joseph.
Your preschool angels will deliver round smiley-face "joy" cookies to the shepherds when they tell them that God's promised savior is now
lying in a manger and brings joy to the whole world.
The shepherds don't have time to bake so they buy some star-shaped cookies to celebrate the light that Jesus brings to all of our lives.
When things got quiet, Mary opened up her cookie jar. She treasured every cookie she took out, and here they are:
A foot, a heart, a smile, and at the bottom was a star. These cookies tell a story to us all, both near and far.
For God had promised long ago to send a Savior here, to bring us light when things get dark, and take away our fear;
To bring us joy, and tell us that God's love is always near; to walk beside us each and every day throughout the year.
Click here to listen to short samples of the preschool songs in the musical, Christmas in the Kitchen.
During the program, your preschoolers get to be Kitchen Helpers who deliver cookies to the characters in the Christmas story.
Why not serve cookies after your Christmas program? Or better yet, send everyone home with a cookie & a piece of the Christmas story!
Christmas in the Kitchen includes:
1) a script with 20 interactive narrated rhymes (the Pre-K children do motions as the narrator reads) along with 15+ non-speaking parts (your preschoolers get to act, but they don't have to say any lines), prop list and staging,
2) 6 Christmas songs for preschoolers that are full of motions, claps, and sign language,
3) piano score with guitar chords,
4) a vocal CD (a recording of Cathy singing the full version of each song).
Program performance time: 20 minutes.
Purchase of this preschool Christmas musical ($35 plus shipping) grants you permission to make as many copies of the sheet music and script as needed for your performance plus permission to make and distribute copies of the vocal CD (a recording of Cathy singing the full version of each song) and a lyric sheet to your children (a great way for your preschool choir to learn the music quickly!). Upon request, Cathy will e-mail your script (MSWord format) so you can add your actor's names and edit as needed.
A keyboard CD (no vocals) is also available for $20 plus shipping, for those times when your piano player isn't available or when you need to free up your hands to teach the motions or sign language to your preschool choir. This CD may also be used for your performance - it's like hiring a piano player who plays the music the same way every time!
To preview this preschool Christmas musical program, the full script and the vocal CD (a recording of Cathy singing the full version of each song) are available for $8 plus shipping. The preview package does not include permission to perform the script or any of the songs in the musical.
If you would like to use the 8-10 minute script as your play and insert your own preschool Christmas songs, the purchase price of the performance rights for the script is $18. This script includes an interactive narrated script with rhymes along with 15+ non-speaking parts (your preschoolers get to act, but they don't have to say any lines), prop list and staging. The script can be sent via e-mail to save shipping charges.
If you already have a script and you prefer to purchase individual songs from Cathy's preschool Christmas musicals, you have the following options:
1. Purchase sheet music. Sheet music ($4 per song) includes piano score, guitar chords and motions. Sheet music can be e-mailed (PDF format) OR printed and mailed.
2. Purchase an MP3 to go along with your sheet music. MP3s ($3 per song) include two tracks for each song: a vocal track of Cathy singing the song and a keyboard-only track with no vocals. MP3's are e-mailed.
3. Purchase a Custom CD to go along with your sheet music. There is a $10 labor charge for each custom CD plus the cost of each song that you purchase. Custom CDs include both a vocal track of Cathy singing the song and a keyboard-only track with no vocals. (Example: Custom CD with 2 songs = $10 labor charge + $3 for Song #1 + $3 for Song #2. CUSTOM CD with 2 SONGS TOTAL = $16.) Custom CDs are shipped via priority mail.
Have questions? Go to Christmas Preschool & Children's Program Frequently Asked Questions for answers to children's choir director's questions about Cathy's Christmas programs.
Click here for Can-Do Christmas Program tips for anyone helping with the Christmas program.
All orders must be prepaid. There are 3 ways to order:
1) Mail Cathy's printable order form with a check to: Cathy's Music LLC, 1923 Noble Road, Arden Hills, MN 55112. $20 fee for returned checks.
2) Use your PayPal account. E-mail your order & mailing address to Cathy (firstname.lastname@example.org) and she will send you a PayPal invoice. As soon as your PayPal invoice is paid, she will put your order in the mail.
3) Pay with a credit card over the phone. E-mail Cathy your phone number (email@example.com) and she will call to take your order and credit card information over the phone.
All orders are shipped via priority mail. Overnight shipping rates are available for U.S. orders upon request.
All international orders must be placed via e-mail and paid through PayPal. NOTE: There will be a $5 currency conversion charge on all international orders.
Please note that all sales are final - no refunds or exchanges.
Click here to order or listen to short samples of the songs in the program, Christmas in the Kitchen.
"'Christmas in the Kitchen' is
the 5th program that I have ordered from you. I just love these
programs. My preschool friends know the story of the birth of
Jesus inside and out by the time Christmas arrives. Thank you for
always delivering quality Christmas programs that are appropriate for
preschool children. Each year the preschool families are so amazed
by how wonderful the programs are. Thank you!"
Andrea C., St. Joseph the Worker Preschool
|"Just to let you know 'Christmas in the Kitchen' was a hit! We set it up so the older kids had parts to memorize instead of so much narration, but the songs were so simple and fun that everybody learned them well and sang them out good and strong. I love being able to go to your choice of Christmas programs and know that they are going to be a perfect fit no matter what choice I make!"|
Sarah N., Lebanon Lutheran Church
|"I ordered 'Christmas in the Kitchen' from you last year. It was a great success! Everyone loved it."|
Laraine, Bethel United Methodist Church
|"The children's church did 'Christmas in the Kitchen' and it was very well received. And the best part, the children had a great time doing it! Everyone enjoyed the program! Thanks and may God bless you as your continue to write and produce these kinds of programs."|
Pam C., Antioch West Baptist Church
|"'Christmas in the Kitchen' was great! The kids loved the songs AND the story."|
Linda A., Faith Lutheran Church
|"My teachers were so excited when they read the excerpts and listened to the sneak-peeks of 'Christmas in the Kitchen'. Thank you for the beautiful work you do!!!! You always make us look good!!"|
Heartland Childcare Center
|"Thank you again for your wonderful little musicals. I think this is the 4th one we've used. They are always a big hit with our kids and our church family!"|
First Baptist Church
|"We love your stuff! What a gift you have!"|
T., Desert Christian Academy Preschool
Cathy's Music LLC - Kid-friendly Christian songs that make a director's job easy!
Cathy's Music LLC © 2018